¾ cup Millet
2 cups Vegetable Broth
Swirl of Olive Oil
2 Small Yellow Onions — diced
6 cloves Garlic — 3 minced, 3 whole
2 ribs Celery — diced
2 Small Carrots — diced
3 cups Pecans (heaping cups) or Walnuts
½ bunch Turnip Greens – cut into thirds
(~3 heaping cups if it were chopped and tightly packed) or other dark full-flavored greens
1 ½ Tbsp Bragg’s (or Soy Sauce)
To Taste Black Pepper
- Bring broth & millet to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sauté onion, 3 cloves of garlic, celery and carrot in olive oil over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- In a food processor layer nuts, remaining garlic & greens. Pulse and then run the processor until the nuts are ground.
- In a large bowl combine millet, sauté mixture, nut mixture, and Bragg’s & black pepper. Stir well.
- Press final mixture into a greased loaf pan and bake for 30 minutes. (Bake longer if millet starts cold.) Let rest for 10 minutes; then serve.
NOTE: Rather than making millet the same night that I make this dish, I usually use leftover millet from earlier in the week – plan accordingly.